Friday, January 15, 2010

Sanispac Beach/Sea of Cortez 1/13/-1/14/10






























Santispac beach is at least a mile wide, and have several loops extending it. We are at the far left in the photo, and this is our caravan (all 17 I think of us) plus a couple of other folks who were there. We spent two wonderful days here. The sunrises were absolutely gorgeous! And sunrise doesn't come until about 7 a.m. so I got to see them too. This was a dry camp, which was no problem for us.
Folks drove into Mulege' in the afternoon to do laundry, shop and have lunch; we follow our wagonmaster John around like a clutch of ducklings.. he know where the good places are! We dropped off our laundry to pick them up second day, all done and folded... this for the price I would pay to wash and dry myself in AZ. Claudia's Laundaria is the pink builting with the wrought iron rails above. I bought two embroidered shirts, Mexican style... can't wait to wear them. The church in the photo was built in the 1700's and is still in use today.
The river in the photo flows down from the mountains above Mulege'. If I got my info right, last season's hurricane rain flooded this river and wiped out many cottages along it. The water came to within one foot of the bridge in the photo. They are rebuilding the area, but you can still see many downed palm trees and piles of 'stuff' still in the works. Roger took a couple of photos of me painting and I also have a photo up of the pelicans who visited. First night there was a big bon fire on the beach. Wagonmaster Dusty helped some folks dig up clams and roast them on the beach. This was just the most wonderful 2 days. Warm weather, and perfect setting. We did have some high winds in the evening and later that night, but like Brigadoon, only at night!
We wanted an adventure and we certainly are having one. We are now in Loreto, and getting into the park was a real challenge for our leaders, who had not been informed of the major construction going on.... however, our group is so patient, and relaxed, we just lined up like good rv-ers, and waited for instructions! I bought a kilo of lobster tails, and a kilo of HUGE shrimp here in the park today. I will seek out my gourmet chef friend, and find out what to do with the lobster tails.... and feast! I can handle the shrimp....
happy trails.... more adventures to come....





No comments: