Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baja Day 2




S
Here we are, at a "lenny' break (seems Lenny had to stop a lot on prev tour)...we arrived at El Pabellon RV about 2 p.m. Again, we are just across the dunes from the sea. Here is Roger checking out part of a wreck (boat of course) That night we had a potluck on the beach w/ John, Becky, and son Dustin providing margaritas! We had a sumptuous meal, I can tell you! The surf was singing to us all night, and my photo of it in the morning, says it all. We loved walking the beach, I picked up shells, had a great dinner and slept like a rock! Have to give credit to friend Elma Jean for her Tang salad receipe which I shamlessly passed off as my own for part of our offering for the potluck. What a hit!! I also made deviled eggs, which went over well too. This was a dry camp again, so no long term cooking involved.
The photo top left is of sunset at park. At right is "Trusty Dusty" one of the group wagonleaders. He approved of my deviled eggs, which I appreciated!
This second day was relaxing on the beach and a great pot luck. The roads are very narrow, and we take it easy, going in two groups, about 20 minutes apart. This allows local traffic a chance to get around us and we use cb's to keep in touch. The most unusual thing about the driving is that we signal with our left turn signal when the road ahead is clear and the vehicles behind can pass. Very narry, winding roads, so this is very important. I confes we are having a grand time.....
happy trails....



Posted by Picasa

No comments: