Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kayaking Lk of the Springs 6/9/11







We've gone up in temp about 25 deg. in two days! Bright, sunny and very warm this afternoon. We took the kayaks down to the beach this morning about 10.30 a.m. This lake is about 3 times the size of Lake Minden and is fed by 7 springs. I found wild yellow iris along the river inlet. We traveled up one little river to where the inflow was small rapids. It was a perfect day, almost no one on the lake. This is a 'no wake" lake so only electric motors allowed. The park has kayaks, canoes, and funny red round boats that were out when we first were on the water. They also have three party barges available. It has been awhile since we've done any serious kayaking and my arms sure could feel the workout. The wind came up on our way back in (doesn't it always come from the wrong direction?) but we took our time and it was fine. There are many kinds of birds here and to hear them singing was great. This is a large park and not a whole lot of folks here except for the deer that visit every day. Roger saw a fox yesterday; the quail visit along the road too. We are going out to the culinary school/cafe for dinner tonight. My sister Nancy and hubby Lon will be back in the park this weekend. Means more dominoes! Sunshine is wonderful. Remember you can click on any photo to see a larger shot. Happy Trails...







Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sheila and Keith said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog, Ellen. I wish I could offer one book for you to follow for a Cross Canada trip but there were so many different sources that we used, that is impossible. My best suggestion would be to follow the trip we took on my blog, most of them were posted in 2009. Although not everything is there, I did feature a lot of the highlites. If there is anything specific you might want to ask, please do and I may be able to be more helpful. Sheila
http://we-love-rv-ing.blogspot.com